Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to All...


I'm sitting here in the wee hours of Christmas morn, a Christmas Story marathon running across the television screen and our tree twinkling it's myriad of lights over and against the plethora of colorfully adorned packages beneath. And I'm thankful. And a little guilt-stricken as well.


I say guilt-striken because I'm ashamed of some of the emotions, the feelings, that I've had over the past week or two. Just review my last few posts and you'll see what I mean. For whatever reason, I've just been wrestling with contentedness and, once again, God has seen my wager and upped it with His amazing grace. My son has been praying for this to be "the best Christmas ever" and, I daresay, he's going to get his prayers answered. And I'm thankful.


I'm thankful that some 2000 years ago God chose to introduce Himself to us as Immanuel, or "God with us."


I'm thankful that He's taken away my sins and has given me the glorious gift of grace and mercy.


I'm thankful that I've been blessed with the most amazing, loving, and beautiful wife in the world.


I'm thankful for my bouncing baby boy, who's not so baby anymore, through whose eyes I learn to see the world anew.


I'm thankful for my most beautiful blue-eyed daughter who tugs at my heart with every smile and laugh.


I'm thankful for lazy, happy naps together with my children, their little hands holding fast to mine.


I'm thankful for parents who raised my wife as well as myself up in the faith and who continue to be supportive of us.


I'm thankful for dear friends, new and old, who continue to sow into our lives the seeds of life and love.


I'm thankful for a refrigerator, freezer, and pantry full of food and for a bank account that's full enough to buy more when we need it.


I'm thankful for cool, clear water to drink and for warm, hot showers.


I'm thankful for our new home and the fun, tender times it's already provided us and that we pray it will continue to do so.


I'm thankful for new jobs, new opportunities, and new challenges that continue to open my eyes both to the gifts God has allowed me and to new avenues within the world.


I'm thankful for God's gift of a new church in 360, one of the first places we've felt at home in a long, long time.


I'm thankful for health, for intellect, for gifts and, yes, hindrances that continue to teach me to rely on Him.


I could go on and on but, lastly, I'm thankful for you. If you've taken the time to read through this, even you've made an impact on my life and for that, I thank you. I pray that you have a blessed Christmas and that you find yourself immersed in the amazing love of God in this new year to come and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment